Google

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Structured Job Search

Let's go back to the assumption that you started with only (25) names in your network-you now see how this list can quickly grow to (75) names and beyond. How do you keep up with all of these people?! It is a simple process, and you can do it manually or electronically. If you choose to do it electronically and you have a Google account like I do, you can set up a "Label" for each of your contacts. Each time you interact with someone in your network, you can e-mail yourself with a summary of your notes regarding that particular interaction. For example: "I had lunch with Lee Bussard today at Applebee's. He gave me the names of (3) people that I should contact. Before I e-mail these people, follow up with Lee by the end of this week to make sure he has told them about me."

No comments:

In your opinion, which of the following is the most effective way to recognize an employee for a significant accomplishment at work?