Google

Saturday, January 1, 2000

Meet HR Watercooler

I am certified as a SPHR (Senior Professional in Human Resources) by the Society for Human Resource Management. I have over twenty-five years of experience in human resource management, leadership, and consulting. Currently I operate a consulting practice specializing in human resources and career and leadership coaching. I also am an Associate Professor at Central Virginia Community College where I teach courses in human resources. In the past, I have served as a Human Resources Manager for Coleman-Adams Construction, Simplimatic Automation, Crown Simplimatic, and Mail America. I gained extensive training and facilitation experience while working for The Pacific Institute -- an education and training company headquartered in Seattle, Washington. I am an active member of SHRM of Central Virginia. I hold a B.A. degree from Wake Forest University and an M.B.A. degree from the University of Virginia. My wife and I reside in Lynchburg, VA, and we have three children.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mr. Watercooler,

How cool is this new blog. It's now a realty. A place to discuss issues that affect us in HR. This guy is an asset to our craft.

I look forward to what it can and will become. Remember "Love is like water, man"

Gp

Anonymous said...

This is great. I'm looking forward to the exchange of ideas.

Harry

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Am anxious to see what is posted.
Stormy

Anonymous said...

Thumbs up to the watercooler guy. Great idea!

Anonymous said...

I am enjoying your blog. Who are you?

In your opinion, which of the following is the most effective way to recognize an employee for a significant accomplishment at work?